Are you looking to highlight the outreach and volunteer work you do in the community? LinkedIn has recently added a new “Volunteer Experience & Causes” section, where members can feature volunteer positions, causes or organizations they support.
Volunteering is great way to support your community and get your business out in front of potential clients. Here at The Whole Brain Group, we support many nonprofit organizations with our time and talent. Many of our team members volunteer on boards and committees, and we frequently donate professional services like graphic design and web development.
If you do the same at your company, you should encourage your team members to take a few moments to follow these easy steps to add the “Volunteer Experience & Causes” section to their LinkedIn Profile:
- Click on the “Add Sections” hyperlink in your personal profile.
- Select the “Volunteer Experience & Causes” section.
- Click on the “Add to Profile” button.
- In the “Causes” section, select the types of causes you care about and add specific organizations you support.
- In the “Experiences” section, add specific volunteer positions you’ve held, including committee and board memberships, or events you’ve helped plan.
To learn what else is new with LinkedIn, join us for our three part Social Media 101 Workshop Series. For more information visit our events calendar.